Back to the Basics 2: Creamy Scrambled Eggs
As promised, here is tip #2 for really basic things that we make everyday. If you’re like me, eggs are fine, but what I usually like most about them is the other ingredients I add when making scrambled eggs. Here is a recipe I just tried and found to be at least one of the many good ways you can dress up eggs. Give it a try some Sunday morning!
Creamy Scrambled Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ½ teaspoon dried basil (or 1½ teaspoons fresh basil…add more to taste)
- Whisk eggs and sour cream together until creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. If using dried basil, add it now.
- Melt butter in the pan over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until eggs reach the desired consistency. If using fresh basil, add it in during the final minutes of cooking.