Tortellini, Chicken, & Arugula Salad
I like to have friends over for a meal…either brunch, lunch or dinner. But sometimes the stress of wanting to make something really special, and the time it takes, can ruin the experience. Someone once told me that the food isn’t important…friends come to share time with you…that’s the focus.
With that in mind, and still holding onto the desire to serve really tasty food, I’ve been looking for recipes that would be both delicious and easy. This salad does both. Add a cup of soup and a light dessert, and you have a lunch or light dinner you can be proud to serve. It’s fast and easy. You will love it and so will your guests!
Lemony Chicken, Tortellini, and Chicken Salad
- 1 (9oz.) package refrigerated cheese tortellini (cook according to pkg. instructions)
- 8 oz. breast meat from a rotisserie chicken (about two cups…or a little more)
- 1 large garlic glove, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (5 oz.) package baby arugula
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallot
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (shaved works better than grated)
- Place cooked tortellini and chicken into a large bowl.
- Combine garlic and salt on a cutting board. Mash with the side of a knife to form a paste. Place in a small bowl.
- Add oil, rind, juice, sugar and pepper; stir with a whisk.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the dressing to the tortellini and chicken and toss to coat.
- Gently fold in arugula, shallot and the remaining dressing.
- Sprinkle each serving with the shaved Parmesan cheese.